1. I didn't know what thin skin was. I had always seen the veins on some older women's hands but I didn't know it wasn't that the veins grew, it was that the skin thinned. And wrinkled. And dried out. And stretched. And hurt and itched and........
2. I didn't know my hair would get more fine. Not thinner, but more fine. Either way my hair looks thin. Dammit.
3. I didn't know how much I'd want to take daily naps. And how guilty I would feel after a nap.
4. I didn't know how low my boobs would hang after the bra comes off. And I wish I still didn't know.
5. I didn't know how little I enjoy a good walk.
6. I didn't know that everything hurts. Getting out of bed in the morning has become a monologue of "Ohs, Uhs, profanity, and 5 minutes of trying to stand without the knees giving out.
7. I didn't know I would no longer be able to run.........even to the bathroom.
8. I didn't know I would still love cold weather except for the knees and back and skin and etc.
I'm sure there are more things I didn't know. Now I understand why older people consider themselves wiser. Look at how much they have learned that they didn't know.