Friday, January 16, 2015

Smooth skin

We know that the aging process causes sagging, wrinkles, loss of strength, sometimes forgetfulness and a host of other things that creep in with the years. But, I have found that since my mind still sees me as young, and I have learned a lot, I'm now better than I ever was. No, I don't think smooth skin is a big loss. Yes, I do love looking at young beautiful women and men. But beauty isn't just smooth skin. It's self confidence, a thing a lot of young people don't have. It's wisdom, another thing a lot of young people don't have. And it's freedom. Freedom from being a slave to opinion, fashion, expectation, the need to fit in, etc. And boy am I glad I'm there.

1 comment:

  1. You made my heart smile!
    Thank you for sharing your life with us!
    People like you inspire me. I look forward to
    reading more of what you have to share!

    ReplyDelete