Thursday, January 8, 2015

Stress, dammit

 I am 69, almost 70. I definitely qualify for the senior citizen discount. But there is a problem. I can't seem to get my mind to catch up with my years. I don't feel any older than I did 20 years ago. I use that limit because I can't remember back much farther than that. I've heard the statement that it would be nice to know what I know now and be 20. I can't imagine it. I think I'd be crazy.
 There is one thing that has changed about me since I've grown up(old). I don't want to wear the things I wore, think the things I thought, do the things I did, etc. I want to still be new.
The stress comes in when I try to do the new things and think the new thoughts, and dress a new way. But my (old) body won't do those things. Maybe that's why I am still alive. If I figure it all out, I won't need to hang around. If anyone has figured out why they still feel young, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment