Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hello

I have discovered some truly interesting things in the last 3 months. I turned 65 in July. I expected it to be awful and I will admit that it wasn't much different from the day before and the day after. However, being 65 isn't the bummer I used to think it would be. That's probably because I was pretty happy being 64.

I have found that I don't have a clue about how to dress 65 so I'm still doing it like 64.

I have found that the money needed for "stuff" has declined in the last few years which I take to mean that I don't crave things as much. What a relief!

I have found that my worry over what other people think of me has declined also. I don't know what to think about that except that I was my own worst critic anyway so maybe my inner voices are quieter too.

I have found that no matter how old I get, I still want to be skinny. Not slender, skinny.

I have found that I am not good at making my self diet. I hate it. I get mad when I can't have something I want to eat. I seem to lose track of the fact that worrying about a diet seems to keep me focused on food.

I have found that when someone has a passion for some part of life, the rest of life seems better too.

I find myself not worrying about the future(I can't do much about it), money(it's either enough or it's not), and deadlines. Deadline is an amazing word anyway. I guess it means you're dead if you get out of line.

I find myself telling myself to think less and do more.

So I will try to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment