Thursday, March 24, 2011

This is me, soon


I went to the doc yesterday and started the process of getting my knee cut on. I have a torn meniscus. Left knee. At least I think that's what it is. Anyway, next Tuesday I get an MRI. The next Tuesday I go back to the doc to find about the plan, whatever that is going to be. And after the surgery, I'll have a couple of days on the sofa with ice on the knee and probably some adequate meds to keep me from being too mean. I had the other knee done 3 years ago. It isn't life threatening but it certainly is a bother.

Then there is the puppy. Cheyenne is about 40 pounds of rompin stompin energy now. Keeping up with her needs will be interesting. But at least I'm not doing this in the middle of the summer.

I talked to the doc about rehabbing the knee. We have decided that since I have a membership(largely unused)to a health club, I can proceed with my plan to walk the pool. It's 5 feet deep and the deepest and I'm tall enough to make it. I think it's a good way to do some aerobic exercise without putting a lot of stress on my joints. I am not a joiner so going to a class is not something I want to do until I know more about it.

I'm still working on my plan to lose some weight. I now have some help and there is now another problem. I am compulsive. Not just with my eating but with buying stuff off the internet. I shopped some when I was younger. I enjoyed it. But after having the back problem crop up, and then the knee, I don't go out much. But you could spend a year's salary on the internet and never break a sweat. Drink a cup of coffee and spend a couple of thousand dollars on stuff I don't need. I haven't done that yet. No, I'm doing it gradually. A book here, a pair of shoes there. You'd think I had money. But I guess I would if I didn't spend it so quickly. So that is another compulsion to work on.

I'll be back with news soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you and I are quite a bit alike. I am compulsive as well and can't believe how much money I have spent since I got my Kindle. It's just too easy to buy and download in a minute.

    Do you have someone to help you with the pup? I know they can be quite a handful, especially one so large. As far as the weight loss, I have to do it. I realized today that I am addicted to Pepsi Cola...only one per day, but it adds up. I couldn't believe that I actually looked up how many points it was in the Weight Watchers book, (which I plan to start on Monday) and was thrilled to find out that it was only three points. Take care of yourself and listen to the doctor. I know that can be hard for some of us.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete