Friday, March 1, 2013

Everything I love



I became diabetic and began giving up a lot of things. Most of them are on the right side of the list above. Some I'm still doing. I still get an occasional fast food meal. I drink a coke once in a while. I fry a few things and I use processed meats. But, I believe I'm going in the right direction with my diet. I'm way down the scale on the carb intake. I have to be because of the diabetes. I have started juicing several times a week. I'm reading labels and choosing foods to buy more carefully. And I haven't lost a single pound. That leads me to believe that it's not just what I eat, but I have to notice how much. And when. And how my intake isn't balanced by the outgo of energy. You know, I used to think when I retired I'd be able to do the things I love. Oh, well.

2 comments:

  1. It is very, very , very hard to lose weight. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about the "how much" in addition to the "what". It IS hard - but we can do it!

    ReplyDelete