Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just one of those things

That's just one of those things I don't do well on. I wear stretch pants. Not tight stretch pants. But they have a lot of stretch. So when I began to notice that a couple of pairs felt snugger than usual I started to worry. I have been dealing with diabetes and the blood values have been OK. But the calorie counts have been off the charts. That is if I were charting them. Which I probably should do. You can cut down on carbs by adding lots of fat. And that is part of what I've done. I'd lost a few pounds when the diagnosis came down but they are back. Just like the damned Energiser bunny. I am looking at my intake and it's scary. I eat too many carbs still. I eat often at night and it's almost always something not good for me. But when I try to change the eating habits I stress out and then I want to eat more. And then I lay around a lot and let the fatty food go to my belly and butt. And I'm aware of this. I'm also aware that I need to change the behavior. So I don't do it. I'm going to have to find a way to change without becoming the bitch I am so good at being.
One of the ways I am aware that I've gained is that my back and knees are hurting more. It's winter. I blamed it on the cold weather. Dumb. I've read that for every 30 pounds lost the diabetic problems are reduced by half. I'd be half as likely to lose vision, or to have trouble with infections. It's time to face me. I claim the crown as Queen Procrastinator. I need to lose the crown.

1 comment:

  1. All of my pants have some sort of stretch in them. They are a cotton spandex mix and so comfy!

    I am not doing very well on Weight Watchers. This week I was so discouraged I just ate whatever I wanted and didn't track. meh

    ReplyDelete