Friday, May 8, 2009

Brand New Stuff

Hello to my blog. I haven't been so good to keep up with this blog. I am the world's greatest procrastinator. And lately I am struggling with a lot of things.

I am trying to get back into sculpting and hoping to become good enough at it to sell.

I am trying to deal with a lack of income and the depression that it causes for me and for my sig other.

I am fat. I went to the Dr. Weight was up, not by a little. Here I thought I was doing well. Obviously it is really easy to fool myself. I know from reading every article that I can find that there are certain things that need to happen. The first is to move around more. But being fat, out of shape, and almost not old makes that item difficult. I could make a list of the things I have read about losing weight. I dislike exercise to the point that it would be at the bottom. But I have spinal stenosis which causes some pain during the day, especially after a lot of movement. An excuse? I have used it as one. I am not jumping on the running bandwagon. Actually I am not jumping at all. And that may be part of the problem. Standing is a problem. So I'll have to sit and exercise some. But I do have a mini-trampoline. I saw it on tv and thought that I might make it work. Have yet to try it. It was no longer in my mind by the time I got one.

I have decided that there is only one thing to do about exercise. I will have to do some strengthening exercises all through the day. I saw that one of the celebs does 1,000 push-ups a day. Time? Energy? But needed to keep the job. If the exercise works, it is really cheap to do. Maybe it could go on the list. Maybe I could lift a few 5 pound weights a few times a day. I know that muscle uses more calories than fat. That too is part of my problem. I have almost no muscle. Maybe that should be put on the list of things to do.

One thing I have done is to purchase(in spite of no income) some protein powders from a company called unjury. This powder is often used by people who have had a stomach bypass. I really like it and I am finally getting more protein. It is truly difficult to get enough protein from bread.(my favorite thing) The protein powder is whey isolate, the purest form of protein except for egg whites. There are several flavors. Mixes well, tastes good. Now for the bad part. I am in so much of a hurry to get to losing weight that I use too much of the powder. Imaging an overload of protein. My body doesn't know what to do with it. So double dosing is out. Rethinking is in.

I have thought about joining a health club when finances improve. I have been a member of 4 health clubs at some time during my life. It doesn't last for me. I would like to swim. But I don't want to try on a suit. I believe that qualifies as a catch-22. My upper body is where the weight is so it is a problem for the heart. I had a friend who said she was healthier than me because allllll of her overweight is in her butt. And sadly it is true. Damn. So lots more decisions have to be made and made now. Knowing me, it will be put off. I have to stop that!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy. I was going to say swimming is good because its low impacts on bones and aches and pains. You could join a swimming excercise group with ladies your own age and it doesn't cost too much.
    I think you look lovely as you are but i know we all talk about our weight.
    I need to take up some kind of excercise but like yourself i hate doing so.
    Its ever so sad that lack of money and the problems it causes makes people depressed.
    I hope you can feel better soon. I send you my best wishes.
    I know up until recently i had terrible financial problems and i cried every day. It seemed like i was lost in a money worry. Luckily i no longer have the worry about how to feed and cloth the children and keep them warm etc and although i am not in any way well off its nice i can focus rather than worry.
    An aunt left us some money in her will and we paid all our debts off. On the actual day of paying them i cried for the whole day because it was like a relief. This was only 2 months ago and its a memory i never want to repeat.
    I'm now ever so careful and advise anyone that is young not to pick up debt. I think they thik i'm mad but if they only knew what it does.
    I have a parcel almost ready to send to you and hoping to send start of next week.
    I've popped some hair and eyes in for your sculpting and i also bought a pack of grey at the fair on friday.
    Catch up soon... Nikki x

    ReplyDelete