Monday, January 5, 2015

It needs a No Fear sticker

I am amazed by how little stupidity I'm willing to stomach. I've heard sayings like-Pick Your Battles-You Only Live Once. But day to day living turns out to be much more than a saying. I've felt as if I don't fit into whatever group I'm around all my life. Now I feel like I'm a group by myself. I've lived in a cliquish society here in the South. Debutantes and women's clubs and sororities and charitable organizations. When in high school we listed the activities in the yearbook. I don't know if there is a resume for those clubs but I suspect there is. Meanwhile I'm still reading and looking and watching to see 
where I fit. And I've made a couple of discoveries.

First. I don't need to fit. It's something I thought I must do. Wear the right clothes, go to some nice places, indulge myself in activities. But no! I can wear the clothes I like. I do like going to a nice place once in a while. And I'm in control of activities. I watch Downton Abbey, BBC and other shows on TV that show me how the other half live. I find that when I get up in the morning, I want to dress in a way that makes me feel like I look good-----to me. I want to lose some more weight-----for me.

Bette Davis said that old age is not for sissies. I think I am no longer a sissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment